Thursday, September 15, 2011

my new favorite picture...ever


if you weren't already aware, i do wedding announcements for my friends seth and maddy. their shop is called Ello There and their incredible invites can be found here. well, i have an invite featured there. maddy was doing surfing on the inter-web and came across a blog that included this picture. just so you're aware, i didn't do this. i mean, i designed it, but i certainly did not do this one. which means...I WAS RIPPED OFF!!!!!

i'm so excited about this. i hope this doesn't come across as sarcastic or cynical at all. i am really, truly and sincerely excited that some one copied me. that puts me up there with other graphic designers who have been copied, like saul bass, charlie harper, jason munn, or seth lucas (click on their names to see work of their that has been stolen). well, i'm not really at the same level as these four by any means, but they were copied and i was copied, so we're sort of on the same team right? i don't know, i just know that i'm really excited that someone liked my invite enough to do it themselves.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, I'm glad you are taking it so well! It seriously pissed me off...but this is a much better way of looking at it. Jason Munn gets ripped off like crazy, I've seen that thumb thing done a million times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha. oh braids you just crack me up.

    ReplyDelete